About the CCCA
Regional Fiber Arts Center Project
Fiber Arts Center of the Eastern Shore:
This project will adapt the recently renovated Hardee House at
7 N. Fourth Street to house a regional fiber arts center that includes quilt and other fiber art-related exhibit, retail, studio, and instruction space. Located within Denton’s designated Historic, Main Street, and Arts & Entertainment districts, the center will be a destination for the area’s many quilt and fiber art enthusiasts, visitors, and residents to view historic and recent works by local quilters and fiber artists. Phase one of this project will involve the set-up of exhibit, retail, studio, and classroom space within the Hardee House, and the development of a branding and marketing strategy to effectively communicate the role of this center as a unique place to visit, shop, learn, and find inspiration.
Visit the Fiber Arts Center facebook page for the latest project info.
As this project will help to revitalize the local community through the development of a heritage visitor destination, funding has been awarded by the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority. The Caroline County Council of Arts (CCCA) has undertaken the Fiber Arts Center project to accomplish the following goals:
· Create a unique arts & entertainment related destination
· Preserve and celebrate a historic structure
· Preserve and celebrate a historic rural art form and tradition
· Support and provide technical assistance to local artists and artisans
· Adapt and redevelop a blighted and vacant property
· Expand the Market Street retail district
· Increase street-level activity within the Artsway
· Advance the CCCA mission to enhance the cultural, educational, and economic growth through community arts development.
The development and implementation of the Center will be a collaborative effort that includes:
· Local quilt guilds and other fiber art groups and businesses
· Local and regional historical societies
· Downtown Denton Main Street, the Town of Denton & the Denton Development Corporation
· The Caroline Office of Tourism and other Tourism offices
· Other interested community members
We are currently looking for interested community members to get involved in the
following volunteer committees:
· Fundraising – to raise matching funds via donations, sponsorships, events, grants, etc.
· Selection – to responsibly determine the best, cost effective products, services, and equipment to acquire
· Décor – to assist in determining the interior layout, design, and décor
· Marketing – to assist in the branding and marketing plans
· Programming – to determine how the exhibit, retail, studio, and instruction space will be used
Contact Marina Dowdall at email@example.com to find out more or to get involved.
Check out our special Fiber Arts Center facebook page for the latest project info.